[packagekit] make distclean does not undo all changes

Matthias Klumpp matthias at nlinux.org
Sun Aug 29 05:54:43 PDT 2010

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 13:35:47 +0100, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On 29 August 2010 11:58, Matthias Klumpp <matthias at nlinux.org> wrote:
>> Richard, can you please publish a source tarball which contains all the
>> files a PackageKit build creates and does not delete after build too?
>> (Run build, run make distclean and package the resulting sources)
>
> Different to the http://packagekit.org/releases/ packages?
>
> I normally just generate those with "make distcheck", which, AFAIK
> checks for files installed and not removed.
Hmm, I get this patch: http://debian.pastebin.com/jYzMTsaA
I think this is because the Debian build tools automatically update the
Automake scripts. See this line:

-# Generated by GNU Autoconf 2.66 for PackageKit 0.6.7.
 #
+# Generated by GNU Autoconf 2.67 for PackageKit 0.6.8.

This should never happen, it claims PackageKit is 0.6.8, but the current
version is 0.6.7. The problem might be solved if you update Automake before
release. (And I'll checkout how to disable the automatic update)
Cheers
  Matthias