[packagekit] Debconf and PackageKit Was Re: Packagekit and Ubuntu

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 5 15:15:42 PST 2010

[Sorry for the delay, I'm coming back to this now]

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 04:17:37PM +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> 2009/11/23 James Westby <jw+debian at jameswestby.net>:
> > That may be the case, could you propose an alternative arrangement
> > that avoids it? How else does the backend know which client to send
> > the requests to?
>
> Well, the aptBackend.py gets set an environment variable -- surely use that?

James and I were looking for this and couldn't find it.  Are you
proposing an addition, or is there already a transaction ID of some kind
in the environment that we could use in debconf?  If you could point me
at the environment variable I'm missing, I'd be grateful.

Thanks,