[packagekit] Supporting plugins search and installation

Naba Kumar naba.kumar at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 02:20:47 PST 2010

Hi Matthias,

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 6:37 PM, Matthias Klumpp <matthias at nlinux.org> wrote:
> For example on Debian, apt-file is needed to access this functionality. And
> on Fedora you have to insert the full file path to get results. (Tested
> some months ago with PackageKit dev version)
> You can try it out and see if it satisfies your requirements.
> Regards

As I mentioned in my previous email, search file with absolute file
works, but we wanted something like wild card search to get a group of
packages. As I understood, this will require proper backend supports.
I would like to see if all backends find it useful to support this
feature which is becoming quite crucial for the rise-of-plugins.

Thanks.

Regards,
-Naba