[packagekit] Asterisk in search files command

Matthias Klumpp matthias at nlinux.org
Sun Jul 4 05:53:10 PDT 2010

On Sat, 03 Jul 2010 12:56:28 +1200, Jonathan Conder <j at skurvy.no-ip.org>
wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-07-02 at 18:20 +0200, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
>>  $ pkcon search file /usr/lib/libogg.so.*
>
> This will be expanded by the shell before the command is executed. Try
> putting it in quotes:
>
> $ pkcon search file '/usr/lib/libogg.so.*'
>
> Then it will probably fail. I imagine you'll have to ask someone to
> implement wildcards in the yum backend if you want it to work.
Yes, it fails. But if I do
 $ yum provides /usr/lib/libogg.so.*
or if I execute
 $ yum provides '/usr/lib/libogg.so.*'
yum is able to find the right package and to work at least with the
asterisk wildcard.
Is there a way to submit wildcards if the backend supports them? (I guess
this needs some time to implement it, but I would help if I can)
Regards
 Matthias