[packagekit] Next release tomorrow

Daniel Nicoletti dantti85-pk at yahoo.com.br
Sun Jul 25 21:26:39 PDT 2010

Richard,
I found a bug that I tought it was on packagekit-qt
but now I see it's more probably in packagekitd.

What happens is that when packagekitd is not running
and a call to it is done the first call fails, in this cenario
it always fails here:

start dbus monitor (with packagekid NOT running):
dbus-monitor --system "sender=org.freedesktop.PackageKit"

on another therminal run
dbus-send --system --dest=org.freedesktop.PackageKit --type=method_call
/org/freedesktop/PackageKit org.freedesktop.PackageKit.StateHasChanged
string:'cache-update'

here dbus monitor don't print anything.
try the above command again and it will probably work.

Do you have any clues?
I really would like to see this fixed before this
release since KPK got stuck for a while in this case...
Daniel Nicoletti - KDE Developer
http://dantti.wordpress.com
When a wicked man dies, his hope perishes;
all he expected from his power comes to nothing. Prov. 11:7