[packagekit] [RFE] Enable packagekit to download updates atleisure and install them during the next reboot

Russell Jones russell.jones at physics.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jun 23 01:38:10 PDT 2010

Would one not also want
* At GDM finish (post-logout, pre-termination of X)
to allow the installation of, e.g. kernel images?
Sorry if I'm missing something, but I'm thinking of the case where a user is logged in for a long time (a few days), and eventually logs out or requests a shut down or reboot. The user could be prompted if a reboot is desired (if needed by the packages), and the packages installed. There could be a tick box: 'always reboot when needed after logging out'. I know some users who would prefer this, i.e. not having to think about updates, and just (only, even) having them happen when they're done working.
Or is this sufficiently dealt with by update managers that run during the user session?

Russell