[packagekit] What is PackageKit? A general package management suite? - Take 2

Filipus Klutiero chealer at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 20:54:29 PST 2010

> You should give Kubuntu a spin. That has Kpackagekit by default and you
> should feel right at home with it being a .deb distro.
Thanks. I don't need to try for now but I'll keep this in mind if I want.
> In fact im pretty
> sure Kubuntu dropped Adept for Kpackagekit.
Do you just mean that Kubuntu dropped Adept and added KPackageKit, or do you also mean the reason Adept was dropped was PackageKit's introduction? If the latter, I would be interested in reading about that decision.

> Ive also heard a rumour that
> KDE is dropping Kpackage in favour of Kpackagekit.
That would make a lot of sense. Kpackage hasn't been maintained since a long time.

> You also may want to try the aptcc backend.
>
> Have fun
> Jean

Thank you