[packagekit] PackageKit 0.6.4 released!

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu May 6 02:18:25 PDT 2010

Today I released PackageKit 0.6.4.

Version 0.6.4

Translations:
 - Updates to Danish (da) translation (kristho)
 - Updates to Dutch (Flemish) (nl) translation (warrink)
 - Updates to Indonesian (id) translation (dichi)
 - Updates to Panjabi (Punjabi) (pa) translation (aalam)
 - Updates to Polish (pl) translation (raven)
 - Updates to Portuguese (pt) translation (ruigo)
 - Updates to Serbian (Latin) (sr at latin) translation (kmilos)
 - Updates to Serbian (sr) translation (kmilos)
 - Updates to Spanish (Castilian) (es) translation (logan)
 - Updates to Ukrainian (uk) translation (yurchor)

Libraries:
 - glib: Add C accessors for PkMessage (Richard Hughes)
 - glib: Add some more C accessors for PkPackage (Richard Hughes)

Backends:
 - apt: Fix a spelling error in the config file prompt message (Warren Turkal)
 - entropy: Catch DependenciesNotRemovable exception during reverse
dependencies calculation (Fabio Erculiani)
 - opkg: Include stdio.h before opkg.h to make newer gcc happy (Koen Kooi)
 - box: Updated backend to fix compile (Grzegorz Dabrowski)
 - yum: Catch exceptions.IOError whenever we do a low-level yum call.
Fixes rh#577549 (Richard Hughes)
 - yum: Do not abort if the package-id is not unique in the reposet
(Richard Hughes)
 - yum: Ensure the lock failure message is proper unicode. Fixes
rh#585620 (Richard Hughes)
 - yum: Ensure we catch the exception if there are no groups. Fixes
rh#587196 (Richard Hughes)
 - yum: Ensure we create /var/cache/PackageKit if the user nukes it
and then tries to re-create the comps cache (Richard Hughes)
 - yum: Ensure we force a cache update if the comps groups cannot be
loaded (Richard Hughes)
 - yum: Get the correct state for each update. Fixes rh#574658 (Richard Hughes)
 - yum: Move the list of infrastructure packages that are updated
first to the config file (Richard Hughes)
 - yum: Move the list of system packages that cannot be removed to the
config file (Richard Hughes)
 - yum: Ship a standalone version of licenses.txt for future code
(Richard Hughes)
 - yum: Sync with libzif upstream which offers a pretty stellar
performance increase (Richard Hughes)
 - yum: Use zif to get the update lists if UseZif is enabled (Richard Hughes)
 - zypp: Attempt to improve backend_find_packages (Michael Andres)
 - zypp: Cleanup a certain amount of superstitious coding (Michael Meeks)
 - zypp: cleanup 'resolve' filtering code (Michael Meeks)
 - zypp: Factor pool item change notification out into
zypp_backend_pool_item_notify (Michael Meeks)
 - zypp: Fix leaks in GetRequires, resolve and what_provides (Michael Meeks)
 - zypp: Fix memory leaks (Michael Andres)
 - zypp: Fix multiple bugs in Resolve() (Michael Meeks)
 - zypp: Get the final 'finished' signal right on remove (Michael Meeks)
 - zypp: Implement simulated package removal (Michael Meeks)
 - zypp: Improve exception handling (Michael Meeks)
 - zypp: Introduce a pseudo-architecture "source" to distinguish
source packages from binary ones (Michael Meeks)
 - zypp: Let libzypp determine whether a patch is needed (Michael Andres)
 - zypp: Share the version / architecture comparison code into
zypp_ver_and_arch_equal (Michael Meeks)
 - zypp: Tweak filtering to ensure that we never emit both states even
if a package is also re-installable (Michael Meeks)

New Features:
 - Allow clients to request a relocatable root, but only with admin
authority (Richard Hughes)
 - Add hint:simulate boolean on the backend, set for all simulation
methods, to increase code re-use (Michael Meeks)
 - Add maximum wait time limit to cron checks (Marko Myllynen)
 - Add support for the 'frontend-socket' hint and pass it to backends
(Richard Hughes)
 - Ported PackageKit to Haiku (Grzegorz Dabrowski)
 - Send a message when other updates are held back so we can add a
note to the GUI tool (Richard Hughes)

Bugfixes:
 - Correctly fallback by checking the transaction role, not the
backend role. Fixes fd#27527 (Richard Hughes)
 - Don't return from SetProxy() before we've got the authentication
result (Richard Hughes)
 - Downgrade required autoconf version (Michael Meeks)
 - Ensure the daemon emits Message() signals when replaying the cached
GetUpdates data (Richard Hughes)
 - Fix parallel-build snafu wrt. MOC generated files (Michael Meeks)
 - Fix system name variable name inconsistency in the cron script
(Marko Myllynen)
 - Fix the permission of /etc/sysconfig/packagekit-background to be
non-executable (Richard Hughes)
 - Fix up three typos in translated strings (Yuri Chornoivan)
 - If http_proxy or ftp_proxy are set in the environment, use them in
pkcon (Richard Hughes)
 - Remove the ruck client, it's been broken for the last few releases
(Richard Hughes)

Tarballs available here: http://www.packagekit.org/releases/

Thanks to all those who made this possible.