[packagekit] update cache on packagekit-gnome

D.H. Bahr dbahr at uci.cu
Tue Nov 9 15:26:47 PST 2010

When I say "feedback" I actually mean some way to let the user know the application is working and not crashed... probably a progress bar for this matter. I know this is a fairly quick action most of the time, but here in Cuba many people use modem connections with really low speeds, a few KB per second, so I tend to take that into consideration (maybe more than needed).

Regarding the patch to packagekit-gnome .. let me take a look at the code and I'll come back at you on that. I believe that is the most elegant solution for my specific problem: have gpk-application check if a refresh-package-list is needed at start.

Best regards,

D.H. Bahr