[packagekit] PackageKit-Gnome on Ubuntu Lucid

Daniel Hernandez Bahr dbahr at uci.cu
Fri Oct 29 12:29:29 PDT 2010

Hello everyone!

After some serious deceptions from Maverick I downgraded to Lucid and
tried again PackageKit (packagekit-gnome2.29.2 with apt backend, not
aptcc). This time it works quite fine, but it won't show any groups on
the side pane, and no package is listed unless some search is made.
On a shell 'pkcon get-groups' returns 'unknown'.

Are these bugs? Is there a solution?

Best regards,

D.H. Bahr.

Ps: Right now my internet connection is down.. probably until november
1st, but i have access to a Lucid up-to-date repository.