[packagekit] app-install 0.1.0 released!

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Thu Sep 2 14:20:43 PDT 2010

Richard Hughes wrote:

>> Nice, I think I will do a "app-install-generate-ports.rb" for it...
>>

> Great, thanks.

Going with the distro-version/repo theme, it would look something
like "packages-8-stable.db" (and matching icons tarball, per "repo").

Or maybe RELEASE would be more fitting than CURRENT/STABLE, if it's
not supposed to change all that often. Like feed it the DVD or so ?

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org//pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org//pub/FreeBSD/ports/amd64/

The tool won't care, so it's up to the person generating the files.
I suppose it has to be generated and hosted by the distribution...

>> But other than it works fine, and app-install-extract-package does
>> handle .tbz through the use of libarchive, so that should be simple.
>
> Excellent. I've committed your patch, thanks.

The rest of the changes can go downstream if needed, as patches.

I noticed it always installs the yum extractor, maybe a feature ?

One thing I noted was that some applications have their icons in
"pixmaps", maybe those need to have their size identified and
copied to the proper directory ? Currently it only checks "icons".

And then there is /usr/local/kde4/share/applications/kde4 too...
(/usr/local/share/applications/kde as well) So maybe it could do
with some more configuration on those, instead of hardcoding ?

--anders