[packagekit] app-install 0.1.0 released!

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 02:32:26 PDT 2010

On 2 September 2010 15:41, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> app-install is a metadata schema and some simple tools for getting
> data about applications.

So, talking about version 2 of the schema, as promised.

One thing that looks like a no-brainer is ratings. Sorting the
applications by ratings is probably the #1 requested feature from
users so far, so is probably what we need to provide. We just have to
define the format :-)

I propose adding a integer "rating" on the applications table, which
is a percentage value. 0% being unrated, 1% being the most hated
software, 100% being the most loved software.

Note, I've been careful to call it a "rating" rather than
"popularity". The latter is kinda misleading and an almost impossible
task to get accurate data. Comments welcome.