[packagekit] AppInstall: Suggestion for application management with Listaller

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 12:34:00 PDT 2010

On 4 September 2010 18:01, Matthias Klumpp <matthias at nlinux.org> wrote:
> But using a custom packageID for Listaller-only apps could
> be a solution.

Could Listaller just add an attribute to the applications table? I
don't think it matters if other applications add stuff to the database
schema.

> We reviewed the current AppInstall layout and Chris invented a new design,
> which fits the Listaller requirements and also makes the DB easier to
> handle.

Why do you need to know the application desktop file, and the
timestamp? I'm also not sure the repository table belongs in the
app-install database, it seems very Listaller specific. That said,
you're tree to add tables as long as you also add the required
TRIGGERs to ensure the entries get cleaned up whe app-install-admin
revoves entries.