[packagekit] Zif 0.1.4 released!

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 08:15:33 PST 2011

On 10 January 2011 07:46, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 7:34 PM, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Zif is a simple yum-compatible library that only provides read-write
>> access to the rpm database and the Fedora metadata for PackageKit.

Sorry I missed your mail, it got stuck in the moderator queue.

> I am not sure what's the relationship between yum and zif and it seems a bit
> confusing.  Can you clarify the goals and what the roadmap looks like?  It
> is eventually intended to replace yum,  a small subset of it or what?

I dunno. It was designed for the sole use of PackageKit to make some
stuff that took a long time in yum a lot faster. Whether it's useful
outside of PackageKit I'm not sure. The yum team are announcing some
big changes soon, so hopefully you (and I!) will be a bit better
informed.