[packagekit] Zif 0.2.1 released!

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 07:24:08 PDT 2011

Zif is a simple yum-compatible library that only provides read-write
access to the rpm database and the Fedora metadata for PackageKit.

Tarballs available here: http://www.packagekit.org/releases/

Version 0.2.1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Released: 2011-07-04

Notes:
 - Lots of nice speed and depsolver fixes.
 - New commands to the command line tool: distro-sync, upgrade-distro-live

New Features:
 - Add a distro-sync command to the zif command line tool
 - Add a section in the manual page about the environment variables we can use
 - Add a zif_package_array_find() convenience function
 - Add localpkg_gpgcheck to the config file as yum has split up the
policy for local and remote packages
 - Add methods to be able to add a single depend to a package
 - Add the ability to test getting the updates list in a manifest file
 - Add the command line action 'upgrade-distro-live' to perform a live
upgrade without using anaconda
 - Add zif_compare_evr_full() which takes an additional ZifPackageCompareMode
 - Add zif_depend_new_from_data() to be able to get a depend item from
a pair of key,value data arrays
 - Add zif_package_add_file() to be able to add a single file to a package
 - Add zif_package_array_filter_duplicates() for O(n) duplicate package removal
 - Add zif_package_compare_full() so we can pass in flags for name and
arch checking
 - Add zif_package_set_compare_mode() to set the version comparison mode to use
 - Add zif_store_array_get_updates() to easily get the update set for
an array of stores
 - Create our own easy-to-read manifest format rather than abusing a keyfile
 - Create the sqlite metadata when generating an install tree for anaconda
 - Generate the group metadata when performing the distro upgrade
 - Parse the provides, requires, obsoletes and conflicts data from
legacy XML primary metadata
 - Sort the package results in the command line tool

Bugfixes:
 - Allow clients to call zif_package_get_provides() on repos that
don't have any filelists
 - Allow the groups mapping file to be a symlink
 - Change the default of upgrade_repo_dir to use the yum location,
it's hardcoded in anaconda
 - Complete the code for a 'complete' upgrade-distro that actually
downloads packages
 - Do not redownload files that already exist and are correct
 - Enable distro package compare mode when getting the list of
packages during a distribution upgrade
 - Enable the automatic content type sniffing for the mirrorlist.txt file
 - Ensure an obsoleted subpackage is removed on update
 - Ensure packages created using the legacy metadata format get assigned a store
 - Ensure we use the metalink and mirrorlist methods when downloading
missing repomd.xml files
 - Fix a critical warning in the error path for zif_store_find_package()
 - Fix getting the updates list on multiarch when there is a package obsoletes
 - Fix getting the updates list when there is an update with an
obsoleted subpackage
 - Fix 'zif distro-upgrade' as the compression format of the initrd is
now xz, not gzip
 - Fix zif_package_array_filter_best_arch() so that is does not prefer
x86_64 on an i386 machine
 - Fix zif_package_array_filter_newest() to correctly remove just the
old packages
 - If we try to get the newest package from a list with different
names, fall back to just checking the versions
 - Only filter the best provide array by architecture if there is more
than one package
 - Set the release version back to the orginal value when done doing a
distro upgrade
 - When processing the package requires, ensure the list contains the
same package only once
 - When refreshing do not download the .gz metadata if the .sqlite
metadata is available