[packagekit] Canceling background transaction

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 10:36:59 PDT 2011

On 14 March 2011 16:09, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm proposing we cancel non-interactive tasks if an interactive task
> is present.

I've hacked up a quick patch [attached], and it seems to work. Review
most welcome, although if there isn't any objections in the next few
days or so I'm going to merge what I've got to master.

To test, I've been using the dummy backend and a simple script like:

./pkcon --background refresh & sleep 2 && ./pkcon search name power

This shows 2 seconds of the refresh, then the results for power, then
starts the refresh again and refreshes the package lists as expected.

Thanks,

Richard