[packagekit] PackageKit and source packages?

Benjamin M. Schwartz bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu
Fri May 20 19:38:13 PDT 2011

Noob here.  What's the state of PackageKit and source code/source
packages?  For example, is there any way to say "PackageKit, please tell
me the source package associated with [this binary package]."?

I come from OLPC/Sugar land, where we dream big about user-modifiable
software, so I'd love to let users _edit_ that code, test it, and publish
patches ... but for the moment I'd be very happy if they could read it.
If PackageKit could give me the SRPM, or the tarball URL, or the git
address, that would probably be enough to get started.

How can I get there?
Thanks,
Ben