[packagekit] Software Sources / Channels and PackageKit

Steve Nordquist steve.nordquist at gmail.com
Tue May 24 20:35:45 PDT 2011

It does beg the question of whether a whole new help channel (and
lookaside screenlock feature, s.t. each machine on the LAN zone can
tell you the patch status of a random neighbor...) of CHANGES.README
(or vice versa,) trust voucher and last-validated signature
timestamps, repository membership heatlogs, and (not least)
most-coveted-features (e.g. do I have HTML5...WebGL-friendliness, the
realtime 23507 kernel/BIOS/grub/hibernation patch, etc.)

Users should likely want to scoreboard some part (perhaps at multiple
points of coordination) of the manuals for the packages installed,
after all; or some opposite scheme, for people who will only ever
authenticate with one password (until the singularity comes creeping
in via their Netflix shipments.)

Soon enough, we'll have tcsh and tCpp0x0Ash hashing similarly in
package relevance....