[packagekit] PackageKit DBus Interface in Ubuntu - It is the API that matters!

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 05:18:16 PST 2011

On 17 November 2011 11:41, Sebastian Heinlein <glatzor at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> AptDaemon will just be another implementation of the PackageKit API -
> with packagekitd as the reference implementation. We won't support every
> last piece of PackageKit but those which are relevant for an APT based
> package managing.

So, can you clarify which bits of the API you are supporting, and also
the extra API you're intending to add. If the complete API isn't
implemented, I think it's an exaggeration at best to call it "another
implementation".

I also think it's a shame the new API couldn't be added to PackageKit
itself. Even stuff like AddLicenseKey would make sense as it could be
re-used by RHEL, SLED and that kind of thing.