[packagekit] packagekit Debian backend has issues.

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Fri Oct 7 07:24:20 PDT 2011

dE wrote:

> I was looking forward twards a simple graphical package manager for the very end user (Mac/Win migrants), since Ubuntu's software center isn't available, I decided to use package kit.

Why wasn't (the de-branded) Software Centre available on Debian ?

http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/software-center

Another question would be why Mac and Win migrants would be looking
for a package manager, since they aren't really used to having one...

But that's a different story, I suppose. Would've guessed "App Store".

--anders