[packagekit] Updated backends now crashing

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Fri Sep 9 00:23:21 PDT 2011

Richard Hughes wrote:

> I saw your changes this morning, thanks for doing that. I really think
> all backends should implement the simulate methods, it makes the GUI
> tools a lot more useful.

But not all package managers implement this feature, or in such a way
that it won't work for PK (wrong order, not showing dependencies, etc)
There is not much information in the documentation about what they're
supposed to do (the 4 simulate_* methods) except show the changeset ?

I _think_ it should work OK for installed and removed now, but I don't
think it will show the reinstalled or upgraded("updated")/downgraded.
Is there some more information about how it is supposed to look or
what simulate is good for, or should one just read the yum backend ?

Guess I will need to get the GUI tools going, to see the difference.

--anders