[packagekit] I've broken all your nice backend code...

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 11:31:54 PDT 2012

On 3 June 2012 19:09, Daniel Nicoletti <dantti12 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Also can't we remove the systemUpgrade method?

Nahh, I've actually added more code that uses it -- the new systemd
stuff :) You could do GetUpdates and feed the results straight into
UpdatePackages, but that's another DBus transaction and another 3
round trips to the daemon for something you want to be super quick. I
think for yum systems it also means you can do an "yum upgrade" rather
than "yum update" which differ in subtle ways no mere mortal can
comprehend :)

> ...the method doesn't have a simulate method

Ahh, it's got transaction_flags now, so you can simulate.