[packagekit] Adding support for "prepare" in transaction_flags

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 15:14:36 PDT 2012

On 3 June 2012 23:03, Matthias Klumpp <matthias at tenstral.net> wrote:
> Sounds sane to me! Thanks for thinking about this :-)

Except we need a new name. Commit() is used quite a lot in PackageKit
internally, and a new concept with the same name makes the code as
confusing as hell. Better ideas welcome. Perhaps
Transaction.Complete(), Transaction.Exec(), Transaction.Go()?

There are also a few difficult to solve problems.
* Does Transaction.Role enum then become a Transaction.Roles bitfield,
or do we have a ROLE_COMPLETE which can mean 'any'?
* Does .Complete() need a PolicyKit authentication type?
* Do we ask for auth when we do InstallPackage() or when we do
Complete()? Or both?

> And btw, this shows how great and extensible the new TransactionFlags are!

Yes, I think so too. :)