[packagekit] Adding support for "prepare" in transaction_flags

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 00:40:55 PDT 2012

On 4 June 2012 06:34, Sebastian Heinlein <glatzor at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> In the beginning of aptdaemon I adopted the PackageKit interface design,
> but introduced some changes later: I moved all the transaction role
> methods (InstallPackages(), RemovePackages(), GetUpdates(), etc...) to
> the main interface (which would be org.freedesktop.PackageKit in this
> case), see [1].

I must admit, I'm a bit disappointed in how quickly the two interfaces
have diverged, especially considering how open I was do doing large
API changes in PackageKit this development cycle.

> So you could have only SetHints(), Cancel(), Prepare(), Simulate() and
> Run() or Commit() methods on the transaction interface. This should make
> the design more clearer.

Yes, but the flip side is you have to have an CommitPackages()-style
mega-method, and you loose the ability to have different argument
lists for UpdatePackages, InstallPackages, and RemovePackages, e.g.
autoremove and allow_deps, although arguably these could be in
transaction_flags.