[packagekit] Backend developers, new function

Duncan Mac-Vicar P. dmacvicar at suse.de
Sun Apr 7 22:49:15 PDT 2013

On 01/04/13 18:26, Daniel Nicoletti wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've just pushed a pk_backend_get_provides() function
> to allow frontends to know beforehand about what
> does the backend support, I've added the method
> to some backends (aptcc, zif, zypp), but I wasn't sure
> about all of them and the code might be wrong for
> your backend, so please take a look/update it.

What do you mean "what the backend supports?", capabilities?

Are you aware that the word "provides" is uses in the packaging/solver
context right?

--
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. - http://www.suse.com/

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix
Imendörffer, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany