[packagekit] GNOME PackageKit: requires/dependent packages are semantically reversed

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Wed Aug 21 06:01:33 PDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-08-21 at 09:40 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> I think it depends on the way you look at this. When I started PK, I
> added GetDepends to get the list of packages that the package depends
> on, and GetRequires to get all the packages that depend on this
> package.

Yeah that makes sense to me.  That's the reverse of the actions implied
by the buttons (nobody would say "Dependent Packages means packages I
depend on" which would be like a kid claiming his parents as dependents
on a tax form, or "Required Packages means packages that require me") so
I guess we'll just reverse our usage of those function calls in
gnome-packagekit.