[packagekit] Loss of auto-update functionality in GNOME-3.6

Daniel Drake dan at reactivated.net
Sun Jan 6 02:57:36 PST 2013

Hi,

I've recently updated some household systems to GNOME-3.6.

Previously I was taking advantage of packagekit-gnome's checkbox that
automatically installed package updates when they became available. That
has now disappeared.

I'm aware that the reasoning for this is probably the new "install
updates outside of session" functionality. But, as far as I can see,
that must be triggered manually by the user.

Is there any way to continue with fully-automatic (no user intervention)
package upgrades in this new version?

Thanks
Daniel