[packagekit] API change request: INFO_ENUM_FAILED

Sebastian Heinlein glatzor at ubuntu.com
Sat Jun 29 01:48:57 PDT 2013

Am Samstag, den 29.06.2013, 08:15 +0100 schrieb Richard Hughes:
> On 29 June 2013 05:32, Sebastian Heinlein <glatzor at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > Therefor I would like to add INFO_ENUM_FAILED.
>
> I think this might be too generic. Perhaps a MESSAGE of
> FAILED_DOWNLOAD with some details about what failed and why?

Hello Richard,

The APTcc backend and aptdaemon will already emit a corresponding
ErrorCode if the download fails. But nevertheless APT won't stop until
all downloads are done.

So it is more about improving the progress reporting. If a download
failed it would be nice to show this in the UI instead of keeping the
INFO_DOWNLOAD or even an INFO_FINISHED state until we show the error
message.

Sebastian