[packagekit] Backend Developers

Daniel Nicoletti dantti12 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 14:18:22 PST 2013

Hi all,

We have a transaction property called DownloadSizeRemaining, it's
there for a while but my grep showed only aptcc backend uses it.

For offline updates it's really important that you (backend developer)
update your backend and call
pk_backend_job_set_download_size_remaining() when the Simulate flag is
set (if you can also set it when downloading would be superB).

The reason is that Apper (and eventually Gnome-PackageKit) will first
simulate to see if there's something to download for offline updates,
if DownloadSizeRemainig is not zero it will create a transaction with
DOWNLOAD_ONLY flag and show a popup with the download progress of your
updates. If it's zero it will ignore it since there's nothing to
download.

Currently the popup is always shown which is distracting and bother users...

So please update your backends! Thanks!

Cheers,

--
Daniel Nicoletti