[packagekit] Fix show percentage in Katja backend during download

Sasa Ostrouska casaxa at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 07:49:40 PST 2014

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 12:24 PM, Eugen Wissner <belka.ew at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> That's what you use ItemProgress for - the UI is free to show the item
>> progress or not though, so maybe your PK client just doesn't display
>> that information?
>>

> I have not looked at all at this option of the ItemProgress, will take a
look at it.

> Not everything about percentage works in Slackware backend so well... It
> is actually my fault, I've implemented the main functionality but there are
> a lot of stuff that should be added/made better and that I intended to do
> later. I haven't worked on the backend for a long time now (I have another
> Slackware-Gnome project) but I still know what is missing and look for some
> time to do a better work. Richard said, he would remove backends that don't
> implement some old basic functions ;) and I don't want it. Anyway thanks to
> Sasa for the patches, it is a good reason to start the work again :)
>
> Eugene, I'm here to help make it better, have all the interest to use it ,
but so far for me the priorities in the Katja are make it use of the
downloaded stuff, and for sure before that the md5sum checking.
The patches I sent are just after a quick look into the thing after it
annoyed me for a long time. Unfortunately my time is scarse but will do my
best to submit patches for what I need in Katja.

Rgds
Saxa

Eugene