[packagekit] question on offline support

Wendell MacKenzie mackendw at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 04:09:02 PST 2014

 I don't think that the network issue is what is happening...I set this
specific set up to the internet, with proper DNS resolving working.  I then
setup a local repo in /var/lib/yum/repos for rhel6 and loaded all the DVD
rpms into the dir and copied the comps-???-.xml to the same dir and ran:

   I created a repo file in /etc/yum.repos.d/rhel6.repo and a directory for
the local repo in /var/lib/yum/repos/rhel6.

# cd /var/lib/yum/repos/rhel6
# createrepo -g comps-???.xml .

# yum clean all
# yum makecache

All of the above commands worked OK, with seemingly good messages.  Same
error happens when I try:

# yum grouplist

??

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 5:14 AM, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 22 January 2014 19:02, Wendell MacKenzie <mackendw at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is is possible to configure PackageKit to NOT construct the group list
> using
> > the network for
> > A server configured in a private network that is not connected to the
> > internet?
>
> How would it get the comps data otherwise? Is there a local repo with this
> file?
>
> Richard.

D. Wendell MacKenzie
Certified Software Developer - Salesforce.com platform

Email: mackendw at gmail.com
Phone: 902-626-8708 (cell)
            902-892-8707 (office)