[packagekit] package reinstallation

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 07:51:24 PDT 2014

On 7 July 2014 15:36, Michal Minář <miminar at redhat.com> wrote:
> I don't see a way how to reinstall or downgrade a package

Why do you need to re-install or downgrade? At least the latter isn't
supported as it's really hard to also downgrade deps of the thing
you're trying to dowgrade to also downgrade, especially if other
things have been installed since. There are some interesting security
gotchas with downgrading too.

Re-installing typically does nothing on most package systems (unless
the user has manually removed package-managed files), so I'm
interested to hear why you need this.