[packagekit] package reinstallation

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Tue Jul 8 08:18:36 PDT 2014

Do we need a new policy for reinstallations? Or would reusing the
install-policy be sufficient? (why should someone be allowed to
reinstall, but not install stuff?)
Another thing which would be cool to add would be locking package
versions. Making PK more powerful for "professional" users has some
huge advantages, and I don't think we would sacrifice simple UIs which
don't expose all of PKs functions by adding more features to PK.
One thing though: Do most of the PMs abstracted by PK support downgrades?
Cheers,
    Matthias