[packagekit] incremental slowness

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 11:25:30 PDT 2014

On 31 March 2014 19:14, Daniel Nicoletti <dantti12 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've just added DOWNLOADED filter to aptcc,

Great, thanks.

> it increases the transaction time by around 200ms,
> however I noticed one odd behavior which
> I don't know if it's aptcc related or packagekit,
> I do:
> time pkcon get-updates
> and each time I repeat it I get more 200ms
> that until I close PK and start it again,
> could you please test and see if repeated
> queries starts to get slower?

With the hawkey backend:

[hughsie at localhost ~]$ time pkcon get-updates &> /dev/null
real 0m0.247s
user 0m0.030s
sys 0m0.009s
[hughsie at localhost ~]$ time pkcon get-updates &> /dev/null
real 0m0.238s
user 0m0.026s
sys 0m0.009s
[hughsie at localhost ~]$ time pkcon get-updates &> /dev/null
real 0m0.239s
user 0m0.028s
sys 0m0.009s
[hughsie at localhost ~]$ time pkcon get-updates &> /dev/null
real 0m0.298s
user 0m0.025s
sys 0m0.013s

So no 200ms delay. Is there some array you're not clearing at start
and adding to each time?