[packagekit] GUI Functionality issues

gregory battaglia gregorybattaglia at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 22 10:55:32 PDT 2014

  Hi:

I am a total newbie to almost everything Linux, having spent the last 11 years in Windows XP.
I have Fedora 18, which, as you may know, is now at EOL and so there's probably no new updates.
However, Software Install does show a lot of downloadable  stuff in its various categories.

But here's where it's functionality seems in question. For example, in Games, I highlighted this one game
package that Iwanted to delete called "Greyhounds..." by clicking the little box next to it to get the check
mark. Then I clicked on Remove Package. Then I clicked Apply Changes. Then I clicked Exit. But when I
went back to Software Install to verify the deletion, "Greyhounds..." was still listed. Why is this?

And what does the blue + over the box mean?

Please advise, but know that I can't do know how to read or write any coded expressions.
All I know is how to operate a GUI with mouse clicks. I realize this is blasphemy in the GNU
community, but I wish that Linux variants like Fedora with Gnome desktop were more GUI
and less

Thanks

Greg