[packagekit] RFC: Does anyone actually use pk-debuginfo-install?

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Mon Sep 8 06:51:11 PDT 2014

Richard Hughes wrote:

> It's not worked for a few months, and nobody has said anything. Does
> anyone actually use pk-debuginfo-install? If not, it gets deleted.

I wasn't even aware of that tool till now, but, knowing it exists, I
would like to use it in fedora for kde's drkonqi crash handler (much
preferable over the current hack of using 'pkexec debuginfo-install')

That said, my first attempt at using pk-debuginfo-install (on f20)
resulted in a backtrace/crash.  I suppose this may be part of the
motivation to looking into removing it?  Anyway, like I said, this would
be a nice thing to be able to use for me, provided it could be made to
work reliably.  If you're interested, I'd be happy to file
bugs/backtraces.

-- Rex