[packagekit] Help request to make a PK client communicate with debconf

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 01:24:08 PST 2015

On 15 February 2015 at 23:05, Silvan Calarco
<silvan.calarco at mambasoft.it> wrote:
> I took the code of pkcon as a reference client implementation:

Good plan, this is the most tested path. I think gnome-packagekit
tries to deal with debconf too IIRC.

> although it
> won't show any interaction with debconf, it at least doesn't lock like my
> client does, but examinating it deeply I noticed that it uses some private
> headers which again made me stuck.

Ohh? Which ones did you need to use?

>  pkcon -v (debug) is very useful but debug
> functionality seems to be also private so I can't enable PackageKit debug
> information on my client, which would be useful.

You can run the daemon with --verbose to see the daemon side.

> In short my question is whether and how a non-gui client app could communicate
> with debconf during packages installation.

I'm not a Debian guy, and so I don't know a lot of the details. Maybe
Matthias could chime in and give some hints?