[packagekit] Proxy setting for hif backend (Fedora 21, Fedora 22)

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki marmarek at invisiblethingslab.com
Tue Sep 22 08:30:45 PDT 2015

Hi,

How can I set HTTP proxy to be used by packagekit on Fedora? When the
backend was yum (Fedora 20), it just worked when set in yum
configuration (/etc/yum.conf). With change to backend hif (dnf, hawkey,
whatever the name is) it doesn't work anymore. I've tried:
 - setting proxy in dnf.conf (which works just fine for manual dnf
   calls)
 - setting http_proxy env before calling pkcon
 - setting ProxyHTTP in PackageKit.conf
 - calling org.freedesktop.Packagekit.SetProxy manually
Nothing from the above list works. Packagekit still tries to access
repositories directly (which fails because in this environment the only
internet access is through http proxy).

--
Best Regards,
Marek Marczykowski-Górecki