[packagekit] Proxy setting for hif backend (Fedora 21, Fedora 22)

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki marmarek at invisiblethingslab.com
Tue Sep 22 08:39:06 PDT 2015

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 04:33:28PM +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 22 September 2015 at 16:30, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki
> <marmarek at invisiblethingslab.com> wrote:
> >  - setting proxy in dnf.conf (which works just fine for manual dnf
> >    calls)
>
> PackageKit doesn't use DNF do this isn't going to work.
>
> >  - setting http_proxy env before calling pkcon
>
> This should have worked.
>
> >  - setting ProxyHTTP in PackageKit.conf
>
> As should this.
>
> >  - calling org.freedesktop.Packagekit.SetProxy manually
>
> As should this -- what version of PackageKit are you using on what
> desktop environment? What kind or proxy are you trying to use?

I've tested it on both F21 (PackageKit-1.0.6-1.fc21.x86_64) and F22
(PackageKit-1.0.8-2.fc22.x86_64). It is running in Qubes VM, so no real
desktop environment is running there.
The proxy is tinyproxy, but according to logs (and tcpdump) packagekit
doesn't even try to connect to it. The address is in form
"http://10.137.255.254:8082".

--
Best Regards,
Marek Marczykowski-Górecki