[packagekit] Deferred package removal

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Thu May 26 21:33:31 UTC 2016

> Hi
> I had a quick discussion on IRC about this yesterday and was told to
> post to the mailing list.
>
> Feature :
> A way to remove packages on reboot similar to the offline-trigger
> functionality that upgrades packages
>
> Use Case :
> I have software that only needs to run once on first boot to configure
> the system, and should get removed on reboot ( essentially a OEM app
> to setup the installed system with a new username and password on
> first boot )

Why don't you trigger the removal then when the OEM tool has run after
the first boot?
Make the app remove itself when it is run a second time.
Or, alternatively, you could already implement this logic on top of PK
using a small tool. I am not sure if this is a useful general feature
to be shipped with PK...

Cheers,
    Matthias