[packagekit] PackageKit support for Fedora modularity?

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 09:59:18 UTC 2017

On 2 August 2017 at 10:29, Martin Pitt <mpitt at redhat.com> wrote:
> From the docs it appears that such a module should be treated more like a
> package and less like a repository; at least dnf is being modified heavily to
> support this.

Do you know where the metadata will be that defines what's in each module?

> PK would most likely need to grow
> a more thorough understanding of what a module is.

Can't we just pass this down to the lower levels? I'm not against
adding API, but I'd really like to re-use as much stuff as we can. At
the moment PK only understands:

* sources
* packages
* groups (i.e. a flat group)
* categories (i.e. a hierarchical tree)

I think the module would be best defined as a set of categories. Ideas welcome.