[Piglit] piglit window

Brian Paul brianp at vmware.com
Thu Aug 26 14:45:37 PDT 2010

On 08/26/2010 03:00 PM, Eric Anholt wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 19:03:07 +0200, Luca Barbieri<luca.barbieri at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I managed to solve the issue of preventing the annoying piglit popups
>> with an LD_PRELOAD library.
>
> Alternative solution that airlied proposed: If in -auto mode, use an FBO
> instead of ever showing the glut window.  This sounds like a great way
> to avoid flicker and focus stealing, and it wouldn't be hard to set it
> up in the framework.  The only thing I'm slightly uncomfortable with is
> that we won't catch as many weird glx issues any more.  I think the
> solution for that is more actual glx tests that specifically try to test
> GLX behavior.

How about a new -fbo flag instead of changing -auto?

This would also be useful outside of auto mode: in the past there have
been assorted driver bugs when rendering to FBOs (like upside down
rendering).

One potential problem with this though would be in the existing fbo
tests which call glBindFramebuffer(GL_FRAMEBUFFER, 0).  Maybe ignore
the -fbo flag if the test calls
piglit_require_extension("GL_EXT_framebuffer_object");

-Brian