[Piglit] shebangs ... are they necessary

Matěj Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Tue Oct 18 11:52:37 PDT 2011

Hi,

I am still playing with packaging and I found these files which have
shebang, although they probably shouldn't have:

framework/core.py
framework/exectest.py
framework/gleantest.py
framework/__init__.py
framework/summary.py
tests/all.tests
tests/external-glslparser.tests
tests/gtf.tests
tests/quick-driver.tests
tests/quick.tests
tests/r300.tests
tests/r500.tests
tests/r600.tests
tests/sanity.tests

Does anything terrible happen to me, when I remove the shebang lines
with sed for these? I expect to run tests only through

piglit-run

script.

Also, just the opposite:

E: script-without-shebang piglit/tests/shaders/gen_equal_tests.py

This one probably shouldn't be marked as executable, right?

Thank you for any replys!

Matěj

In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were
real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from
Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha
Centauri.
     -- Douglas Adams