[Piglit] RFC: GLES2 & shader tests

Tom Gall tom.gall at linaro.org
Tue Dec 11 12:23:24 PST 2012

Hi,

I've been looking at how to take advantage of the glslparsertest code
so that it could be used for OpenGL ES 2 testing as well.

Thought I'd ask for an opinion on versions for glsl on gles2.

For gles2, should the lower bound of valid versions be 1.00?  (The
Open GL ES Shading Language spec says it's version 1.00 of the
language)

So currently within the config sections there is:
// [config]
// expect_result: fail
// glsl_version: 1.10

So if acceptable this would mean 1.00 would become valid option.

It would also clean up glslparsertest.c in the PIGLIT_GL_TEST_CONFIG
section which assumes if you don't pass a version or the version
passed doesn't match then it's gles 20/gl 10.

Thoughts?
--
Regards,
Tom

"Where's the kaboom!? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering
kaboom!" Marvin Martian
Graphics Working Group | Linaro.org │ Open source software for ARM SoCs
w) tom.gall att linaro.org
h) tom_gall att mac.com