[Piglit] [RFC] One enum coverage test or many?

Ian Romanick idr at freedesktop.org
Fri Feb 17 10:39:23 PST 2012

I'm working on some generated "coverage" tests.  For each extension (or
core GL version), these tests try every possible pname enum to the
various get commands.  The tests just verify that no error is generated
if the extension is supported or that INVALID_ENUM is generated if the
extension is not supported.

Right now, a separate test is generated for each extension.  As a
result, there are a bunch of ext_foo-get-enum-coverage tests.  I'm a bit
torn between this implementation and one giant test that just pokes at
everything.

Opinions?