[Piglit] [waffle] [Mesa-dev] [ANNOUNCE] waffle-1.1.0

Chad Versace chad.versace at linux.intel.com
Mon Oct 15 12:10:48 PDT 2012

On 10/15/2012 11:46 AM, Brian Paul wrote:
> Got something different this time:
>
> $ cmake -DCMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH=$(echo $LIBRARY_PATH | sed 's/:/;/g')
> -Dwaffle_has_glx=1 -Dwaffle_has_x11_egl=1 $WAFFLE_SOURCE_DIR
>
> -- The C compiler identification is GNU
> -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
> -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
> -- Detecting C compiler ABI info
> -- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:72 (include):
>   include could not find load file:
>
>     GNUInstallDirs

The top of the CMakeLists.txt specifies cmake-2.8 as a minimum requirement.

    project(waffle C)
    cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8)

It seems that 2.8 isn't enough. The GNUInstallDirs module was added in 2.8.5.
The first version of Fedora to ship cmake-2.8.5 was F15.

I'll update the cmake requirements and release waffle-1.1.1 soon. Since you're
still using an old Fedora, I'll bundle the GNUInstallDirs module directly in waffle.

> CMake Error at doc/CMakeLists.txt:1 (install):
>   install FILES given no DESTINATION!
>

> CMake Error at src/waffle/CMakeLists.txt:149 (install):
>   install TARGETS given no LIBRARY DESTINATION for shared library target
>   "waffle-1".

The install errors are due to GNUInstallDirs missing.

> CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set
> to NOTFOUND.
> Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
> waffle_EGL_library
>     linked by target "waffle-1" in directory /home/software/waffle-1.1.0/src/waffle
>     linked by target "waffle_static" in directory
> /home/software/waffle-1.1.0/src/waffle

If you don't have libEGL installed, then set waffle_has_x11_egl=0 in cmake's
cache by re-running cmake like this:
    cmake \
        -DCMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH=$(echo $LIBRARY_PATH | sed 's/:/;/g') \
        -Dwaffle_has_glx=1 \
        -Dwaffle_has_x11_egl=0 \
        $WAFFLE_SOURCE_DIR
or by editing the cache by hand like this:
    make edit_cache

The default value of waffle_has_x11_egl is 0. So, in the future, when invoking
cmake a freshly unpacked tarball, just omit that argument.

I'll work on making the error messages more informative when libraries are missing.