[Piglit] glx-multithread-shader-compile hung

Mathias Fröhlich Mathias.Froehlich at gmx.net
Fri Aug 2 01:09:25 PDT 2013

Jose,

On Thursday, August 01, 2013 09:14:02 Jose Fonseca wrote:
> I think this would be better done in python framework, so it could be used
> for all tests transparently.
Technically I totally agree on that.

> FWIW, here is a snippet of how I did a similar thing on a different test
> suite:
Thanks.
I wanted to keep this particular test active instead of just skipping that
one. That's because flightgear which I am working on is relying on that in some
more advanced configurations.
So instead of opening an other todo on my already too long todo list I wanted
to just keep this particular test active in the testsuite. And introducing
this point fix just took me 10 minutes including the mail.

An other thing that would help me could be that you just disable this test for
llvmpipe which is known not to be thread safe... I would like to keep this
test active for r600g which suffers from the same llvm type problems but
currently works at least, and I hoped to help not to regress this by providing
this test.

Ok, while we are at this:

I found one occurance of os.execv in framework/shader_test.py and three of
Popen in framework/{glsl_parser_test.py,exectest.py,core.py}.
Do you know which ones of these are actually used for the tests in question?
Any hint which one to change?

Greetings

Mathias