[Piglit] glx-multithread-shader-compile hung

Mathias Fröhlich Mathias.Froehlich at gmx.net
Tue Aug 6 22:49:45 PDT 2013

Hi Jose,

On Friday, August 02, 2013 05:57:42 Jose Fonseca wrote:
> > I found one occurance of os.execv in framework/shader_test.py and three of
> > Popen in framework/{glsl_parser_test.py,exectest.py,core.py}.
> > Do you know which ones of these are actually used for the tests in
> > question? Any hint which one to change?
>
> No, I don't. My guess would be either exectest.py or core.py

Cought.
Attached is a change that implements a fixed 30 minute timeout for a single
test.
The change was initially a port of your code snipped. The difference in the
implementation arises from signal.signal not willing to execute in a non main
thread.
I expect that in the long term one needs a per test configurable timeout. Also
probably a time factor that is put on that numbers for the valgrind runs.

Greetings

Mathias