[Piglit] about fbo-bind-renderbuffer test

Zhou, Jin Jin.Zhou at amd.com
Mon Dec 2 21:37:59 PST 2013

Hi all,

In /tests/fbo/fbo-bind-renderbuffer.c, it says:
24│ /*
25│  * Does this sequence generate GL_INVALID_VALUE for the last command?
26│  * It should generate an error since the renderbuffer was never bound.
27│  *   glGenFramebuffers(1, &fb);
28│  *   glGenRenderbuffers(1, &rb);
29│  *   glBindFramebuffer(GL_FRAMEBUFFER, fb);
30│  *   glFramebufferRenderbuffer(GL_FRAMEBUFFER_EXT, GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT0_EXT,
31│  *                             GL_RENDERBUFFER_EXT, rb);
32│  */

I have checked the  OpenGL spec, but I didn't found this rule. Do you think it is a bug ?

It looks like we can attach a renderbuffer to FBO, since it isn't bind by glBindFramebuffer.

Best Regards,
Jin