[Piglit] Deleting ~20% of glean/no more directory spam

Paul Berry stereotype441 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 10:07:47 PST 2013

On 31 December 2012 18:40, Kenneth Graunke <kenneth at whitecape.org> wrote:

> Now that Piglit's import of Glean is beginning to diverge from Glean
> proper,
> my hope is that someday people will port over various tests to the native
> Piglit framework, then delete the equivalent Glean code.  A bit more work
> is necessary, like adding multi-visual support to Piglit, but we want to do
> that anyway.

This plan dovetails well with some ideas of mine to start adapting existing
piglit tests to work in gles and core profiles.  I suspect that it's going
to be a lot easier to do that kind of adaptation to standard piglit tests
rather than to glean tests, not the least of which because glean tests
don't currently interface with Waffle.  So the more glean tests we can
convert to standard piglit tests, the more likely we'll be able to later
adapt them to gles3 and core profiles.